Art Music for All (AMFA) is an organization dedicated to disseminating art music and ideas about it that promote revolutionary notions on how music can influence politics and society.
Art Music for All committee:
On Thursday, May 31, 2018, AMFA will be releasing it’s first journal. This publication will be hosted here, on AMFA’s website, and on other sites. The journal is the first of a series of publications intended to showcase music and writings about music which correspond with the AMFA mission statement and platform. It is AMFA’s intention for these publications to be used as a resource to discover and connect like-minded musicians and enthusiasts, as well as perpetuate ideals for a better society.
The first publication includes scores, an article, editorials, and more – all of which pertain to the AMFA platform:
Where We Stand:
- We stand in solidarity with musician’s unions that fight for the fair treatment of instrumentalists, music scholars, song writers, and composers of every race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin.
- We stand in solidarity with all musicians fighting for their right to organize.
- We stand in solidarity with all concert venues that promote artists from within the community in which it resides.
- We stand in solidarity with composers and performers who strive to use music to reflect struggles within their community.
- We demand that concert venues and institutions of learning promote musicians from marginalized and underrepresented demographics.
- We demand the right of women, non-white individuals, and non-cisgender individuals to enter into any music related work without discrimination.
- We stand in solidarity with music institutions and organizations that promote the inclusion of individuals with disabilities.
- We demand a 10:1 cap on wages within music institutions of learning and performing ensembles. (Example: if an orchestra musician’s labor compensation is $15 per hour, there should not be anyone else in the orchestra making over $150 per hour.)
We cannot support any institutions or organizations that explicitly participate in activities contrary to any aspect of the AMFA platform. We stand in solidarity with institutions and organizations who are fighting to adhere to any point of the AMFA platform.